Oven ingredients for cooking pork in foil
- Pork (fresh neck) 1 kilogram 500 grams
- Garlic 10 cloves
- Sea salt 1 teaspoon
- Ground black pepper 1 teaspoon
- A mixture of dried herbs for meat to taste
- Main Ingredients: Pork, Garlic
- Serving 1 serving
- World Cuisine
Oven, kitchen knife - 3 pieces, cutting board - 2 pieces, aluminum food foil, paper kitchen towels, non-stick pan, kitchen gloves, plate.
Cooking pork in foil in the oven:
Step 1: prepare the ingredients.
First of all, turn on and preheat the oven before 180 degrees celsius. Then we take the selected piece of fresh pork, for example a ham, scapula or, as in our case, the neck. Thoroughly rinse it under trickles of cold running water, put it on a cutting board and cut off the film from the meat with a sharp kitchen knife, veins, excess pieces of fat, as well as bones, which very often remain on it after chopping the carcass.
Then, using a clean knife, remove the husk from the garlic. Rinse the clove, dry, put it on a new board and cut 3-4 slices lengthwise. After that, put on the countertop the remaining ingredients that you will need to prepare the dish, and proceed to the next step.
Step 2: prepare the pork for baking.
With the tip of a thin kitchen knife, we make deep cuts on the neck inward, leaving 5-10 centimeters of free space between each. Insert the pieces of garlic into the resulting holes, slightly pushing their fingers inward. Then we rub the pork on all sides with salt, sprinkle with black pepper and a mixture of dried herbs.
Step 3: bake the pork in the foil in the oven.
Then we send the stuffed neck to a wide sheet of aluminum food foil and tightly wrap pork in it so that there are no cracks. After that, put the resulting bag upside down in the middle of the non-stick pan and place it in the oven, preheated to the desired temperature, in the middle rack. Forget about the dish on 1,5 hourlet it languish and soak in the aroma of spices.
After this time, carefully cut the top layer of the foil with a knife and spread its ends in different directions so that they do not cover the pork. Then increase the temperature of the oven up to 220 degrees Celsius and cook the meat yet 20-30 minutes or until a delicious golden brown crust appears.
As soon as it is browned, we put on kitchen gloves in our hands, rearrange the baking sheet on a cutting board, previously laid on the countertop, and give the dish the opportunity to cool slightly. After some time, pork can be cut into portions, put them on a large flat dish or distributed in portions on plates and served hot, or completely cooled and served later.
Step 4: Serve the pork in foil in the oven.
Pork in foil in the oven - a dish for lovers of delicious and easy to prepare food. This meat is served in hot or cold form, previously cut across in portions with a thickness of 1-1.5 centimeters. Warm side dishes are suitable for the first option: baked potatoes, mashed potatoes, steam rice, cereals from different cereals or pasta. Chilled neck can be used as a slice, as an additional ingredient in a salad, or savor this yummy with bread and sweet and sour hot sauces. Enjoy it!
Enjoy your meal!
- a rather large layer of melted fat and juice will remain on the foil and baking sheet, do not throw them away, better pour them into clean dry dishes and use them for dressing the first hot dishes or as a base for sauces;
- in this recipe you can use any dried herbs and spices that season meat dishes: paprika, savory, oregano and others;
- very often thin slices of carrots, sweet salad pepper and onion are added to garlic;
- sometimes a whole raw piece of prepared pork is first fried in vegetable oil in a pan. The meat is not brought to full readiness, but simply kept it in hot fat on all sides to a light golden, but rather dense crust, which does not allow juice to flow out during baking, this makes the dish even more tender, juicy and mouth-watering;
- After a baking hour and a half, some hostesses cover the meat freed from the foil with semi-prepared potatoes, fresh large slices of eggplant and zucchini. Then everything is kept in the oven for another 25-30 minutes and as a result, they get a second hot dish with a side dish.