Ingredients for making pork barbecue marinade
For 1.5 kilograms of pork kebab:
- Table vinegar 9% 100 milliliters
- Food salt (large) 1 tablespoon with a slide
- Ground black pepper 1-2 pinches or to taste
- Sugar 1 teaspoon
- Onion 500 grams
- Purified water 200 milliliters
- Main Ingredients: Onion, Sugar
- Serving 1 serving
- World Cuisine
Measuring cup, deep bowl, whisk, kitchen knife, cutting board, paper kitchen towels, plastic wrap, refrigerator.
Cooking pork barbecue marinade:
Step 1: prepare the marinade.
Pork is almost the only meat that can be pickled with vinegar. Pour it calmly into a deep bowl and add salt, black pepper and some granulated sugar. Mix everything with a whisk until a homogeneous consistency and complete dissolution of the grains. The marinade is ready, we can proceed to the next step!
Step 2: prepare the onions.
To make the dish not only tasty, but also aromatic, it is advisable to use dried or fresh herbs or vegetables, in addition to spices, and in this case it is onion. Using a sharp kitchen knife, we peel it, rinse it under trickles of cold running water, dry it with paper kitchen towels, put it on a cutting board and proceed depending on your desire. If the vegetable is needed only for a pleasant smell and mouth-watering flavor, then chop it with small cubes or grind it through a meat grinder with a large net. Shish kebab will be fried with onions? Then chop it with rings thick in 1-1.5 centimeters. Then we send the prepared ingredient to a bowl with marinade, mix everything with a tablespoon to a homogeneous consistency and let stand at room temperature 12-15 minutes.
Step 3: pickle the meat.
After the necessary time, we put in the bowl with onion-vinegar marinade prepared pork, cut into portioned slices ranging in size from 3.5 to 4.5 centimeters. Again, mix everything until smooth, while squeezing it with your hands, so that the aromatic liquid covers the slices of meat on all sides. Then tighten the bowl with plastic wrap or cover with a tight-fitting lid. Marinate barbecue at room temperature for 3 hours, and preferably in the refrigerator from 10 to 12 hours.
Step 4: serve the pork barbecue marinade.
Pork barbecue marinade is a universal mixture in which the meat is infused, acquiring a delicate juicy flavor and a charming aroma. After preparation, it is used for its intended purpose, that is, certain portions of a pork carcass are cut in portions in a fragrant liquid. Then pieces of meat are put on skewers, alternating with onions, if desired, lay them on a well-heated barbecue and fry the skewers until fully cooked for about 25-30 minutes.
Then the pork is served with baked, boiled or fried vegetables, salads, fruits, berries, as well as bread or pita bread. Enjoy properly cooked barbecue!
Enjoy your meal!
- for a barbecue, a neck located along the ridge on the neck, or a notch on the back is suitable, but excess fat should be removed from it. The back of the carcass is better not to use, such meat is considered lean, and the dish from it turns out to be slightly dry and also harsh;
- an alternative to sugar - liquid honey;
- very often a set of spices is supplemented with allspice, bay leaf, coriander, dry mustard, sumac, rosemary, sage, dried basil or fresh chopped parsley, cilantro and dill;
- Pork is a rather fatty product, so you should not add vegetable oil to the marinade. If desired, they can be greased with skewers before you string meat on them;
- a few rules for the preparation of barbecue! The meat on the skewer must be worn tightly, 5-7 pieces each, leaving between them a very small space of 4-5 millimeters. The distance between pork and hot coals should be at least 12-15 centimeters, otherwise it will burn. During cooking, we turn the barbecue no more than 4 times, if you do it often, the dish will turn out dry. Did the coals flare up and smoke started? Sprinkle them with any liquid, for example, water, wine, beer, kvass, or sprinkle with one or two handfuls of rock salt;
- Coniferous trees cannot be used to make a fire, they will give the dish an unpleasant burnt spruce aroma. Source material from aspen, oleander, mountain ash and poplar is also contraindicated, they contain poisonous oils.