Ingredients for Making Homemade Olive Mayonnaise
- Olive oil 160 milliliters
- Chicken egg (fresh, raw) 1 piece
- Mustard (liquid, natural, without fillers) half a teaspoon
- Salt half a teaspoon
- Sugar (sand) half a teaspoon
- Lemon juice (freshly squeezed) a tablespoon
- Main Ingredients Eggs, Sugar, Mustard
- Serving 1 serving
- World CuisineFrench Cuisine
A teaspoon, a tablespoon, a hand blender with a bowl, a half-liter glass jar, a measuring cup (for oil), a plastic or screw metal lid, a refrigerator, a sauce boat.
Making homemade olive mayonnaise:
Step 1: prepare the ingredients.
Olive mayonnaise is the first classic version of this sauce. According to legend, it was created by the chefs of the Duke of Richelieu, after he got bored with banal egg dishes. They just whipped them with olive oil, added some spices, salt and served with freshly baked bread. As a result, this miracle won the hearts of gourmets not only in France, but throughout Europe. To make the mayonnaise truly appetizing, it is worth following a few simple rules for its preparation, and first of all for 30-40 minutes before the process begins, lay out the necessary ingredients on the countertop, giving them the opportunity to warm to room temperature.
Step 2: prepare homemade olive mayonnaise.
After the right time, put the chicken egg in a clean, dry bowl of the blender. We try to make this so that the shell is not there. It is very difficult to remove from slippery plastic dishes. If this still happened, carefully using a tablespoon we get all the fragments! Next, add sugar, salt and mustard to the eggs.
We lower the immersion blender into the bowl with the usual nozzle, slightly press it to the bottom, turn on the kitchen appliance at medium speed and beat the products for about 20 - 30 seconds until lush yellow foam forms.
Then, without stopping work, we begin to introduce olive oil into the sauce being prepared. This should be done gradually, in small portions. in 5-6, and preferably 7-8 calls, gradually increasing the speed of the blender to the maximum and periodically raising the nozzle to the current trickle of fat, then up and down. It is at this moment that the first emulsion is formed, which in structure resembles flakes of cream or whipped oil.
As soon as the mayonnaise is compacted and acquires the desired viscous consistency, we season it with lemon juice. The sauce will become more liquid, so we continue to whip it until it reaches the desired density, which becomes like fat sour cream, cream or yogurt.
When the cooking is finished, transfer the snow-white mixture to a glass dry, preferably sterilized half-liter jar, tightly close it with a plastic or screw lid and put in the refrigerator for 20, 30, and preferably 40 minutes, for which aromatic mayonnaise infuse and condense.
Step 3: serve homemade olive mayonnaise.
After cooking, homemade olive mayonnaise is insisted in the refrigerator to make it more dense. Then it is used for its intended purpose, for example, dressing salads with a fragrant mixture, sandwiches are layered, decorating them with various goodies or served in sauces, as well as deep bowls along with dishes of meat, poultry, fish, game, seafood and vegetables. Enjoy delicious french fast food!
Enjoy your meal!
- an excellent substitute for lemon juice - white wine, apple, 3% or 9% table vinegar, alternative to sugar - honey, fresh mustard - mustard powder, ordinary salt - black, and chicken eggs - quail;
- if desired, during cooking, the sauce can be seasoned with dried spices and herbs, for example, rosemary, sage, dill, garlic granules, paprika, as well as various types of ground pepper;
- very often, instead of a submersible blender, a stationary, food processor or regular whisk is used. Of course, the cooking time will vary depending on the choice of kitchen appliance;
- any sauces based on raw eggs are stored in the refrigerator for no more than 3-4 days, taking into account the fact that they are hermetically packed;
Is the mayonnaise too thin? Add more oil. Very thick? Add a little boiled and chilled purified water. After that, beat everything again to the desired density and cool;
- from the above amount of ingredients, approximately 340-380 milliliters of the finished product is obtained.