Sift the flour into a bowl and mix with the dry yeast. Leave it like this for 15 minutes. Add salt, sugar and warm water. Stir until the flour is incorporated and then knead by hand (I don't have a bread machine) until it sticks to your fingers. Leave it to rise for an hour.
On the floured table, divide the dough in two and form strings that we twist one after the other.
In a cake pan we put cabbage leaves on the bottom of it, sprinkle with a little flour and grease the part of the dough that will be on the bottom of the tray with a little oil. Let the dough rise for another good half hour in the pan, then put it in the oven until it browns.
When ready, remove from the pan and cover with a clean kitchen towel.
I did not refrain from eating the bread corner smeared with sour cream. Mmmmmm, like in grandma's time .......
The opinion of doctors and nutritionists
If you approach the question of whether it is possible to eat cabbage with pancreatitis, professionally, then it is unlikely to answer unequivocally. We are accustomed to the word "cabbage" to understand growing, in almost every garden, a kind of white-clothing of a healthy vegetable. But there are other varieties of cabbage, which have different qualities and taste properties. Brussels sprouts in Beijing, broccoli, cauliflower, kale, kale - all this less popular, but no less useful varieties of vegetables, familiar to us from childhood pictures rabbits and goats, very much "respect", this delicacy. Perhaps, therefore, the association of the word "cabbage" with its hunchbacked white variety.
Healthy food juice will only benefit and it does not matter which varieties of cabbage have been used in dishes. But pancreatitis, when the body is an acute or chronic inflammation of the pancreas, an irresponsible approach to the use of certain products, including cabbage, can cause recurrence and aggravate the already unenviable situation. After all, pancreatic insufficiency associated with pancreatitis is the direct route to a more unpleasant disease called diabetes.
The treatment of pancreatitis, especially its exacerbations, is primarily a diet with many restrictions, including fresh cabbage. But nothing is said about other types of cabbage, as well as about the methods of preparation of different varieties of vegetables. Maybe not all is lost, considering the variety of varieties and how to cook cabbage.
So, what kind of cabbage can you eat with pancreatitis, so that the body can only benefit?
Homemade bread with potatoes
Boil the peeled potatoes in salted water. After they have boiled, we clean and crush them and leave them to cool.
Meanwhile, in another bowl we put the flour to which we add the yeast that we have previously dissolved in a little warm water with salt and we make a little dough and leave it to rise. After the dough has risen, add the mashed potatoes, salt and warm water until you get a dough that is not too hard or too soft and knead it well until the bubbles appear. Leave to rise for about 1-2 hours.
After the dough has risen on the table, sprinkle a little flour, pour the dough over it and give it a little shape.
The pan (or round tray) is lined with aluminum foil over it, put a large raw cabbage leaf that is greased with a little oil and place the dough in it. From now on, turn on the oven over high heat and leave the dough to rise for another half an hour.
When we put the bread in the oven underneath on the stove, we also place a bowl of cold water. We do not open the oven only after one hour and 10 minutes. At the beginning we leave the oven for about 15 minutes. over high heat then reduce by half.
After about 2 1/2 hours we can take the bread out of the oven (try a toothpick if you need more, you can keep it). Cover with a towel on top, put a bag and then a towel and leave to cool.
Different types of seeds can be added to the bread dough (sunflower, pumpkin, sesame, etc.). Personally, I just put sesame seeds on top of the dough.
For the dough:1 kg wheat flour, 2 cubes of fresh yeast (or 2 sachets of dry yeast), 1 tablespoon sugar, 1 teaspoon salt, 2 tablespoons oil, warm water for kneading for beginners who have not kneaded dough and are not yet poured, the amount of water required for kneading is equal to 850-900 ml.).
For the filling: 1.5 kg of fresh cabbage, which cooks a little in oil, season with pepper, or hot peppers, chopped green dill. In summer, I also put a well-cooked tomato over the cabbage. Attention, we put the hardened cabbage on the dough that has already cooled.
How can you make me healthier at Easter
Method of preparation: knead a dough made of flour, yeast, salt, sugar and water as much as it contains, leave it a little softer, when it is almost finished, add the oil and knead until it is incorporated. I knead with the robot, I use the dough devices. Leave the dough to rise. After the leavening, on a plate well greased with oil, take pieces of dough (about 100 g to have a piece) that are stretched round (they are not very round mine) and place the sauerkraut in half, then fold the pie in half and bake it in a pan with a little oil, over low heat on both sides.
First recipe & # 8211 Bread without yeast
Bread is a very common food in Romanian food. Although some blame it because & # 8220fat & # 8221, I consider that a quality bread, eaten in moderation, has no way to spoil, on the contrary it can help in achieving a complete diet.
I present to you further down the valley a bread recipe that does not contain yeast. It is very tasty but the most important thing is that it does not require much effort to be prepared in any kitchen. I took advantage of the last days of sunshine, so I made bread outside, in a park.
I put all the ingredients, including the seeds, in a bowl and mixed them. Flax seeds help digestion, sunflower seeds give a pleasant taste and sesame ensures a finer texture of the dough.
I gradually added water. I recommend pouring from the cup, little by little, and gradually integrating the flour into the crust, stirring by hand. Do not put all the water at once: it will be much harder to get a homogeneous dough without lumps.
I kneaded for 5 minutes until I obtained a homogeneous and elastic crust. A few minutes of kneading is enough for this type of composition. When it starts to stand on its own, it's almost ready.
I sprinkled some flour in a cake pan. I modeled the composition in a shape as close as possible to a loaf of bread and I placed it in the shape. It stayed like this for another 10 minutes, after which it entered the oven. The oven was on, medium, while I was preparing the dough.
After 30 & # 8211 40 minutes, I got a bagel with a hard shell. To give it a little color, I greased it with a little olive oil and left it in the oven for another 2 minutes. I served it hot with olives, extra virgin olive oil and coarse salt, in the company of good friends.
The film below shows you how easy and fast it is to make a special bread, for the moments when you want to get out of the culinary routine. It is suitable for a quick snack, greased with butter, or with various cheeses.
BREAD BAKED ON CABBAGE Ioasim Bakery
Only authenticated customers who have purchased this product can leave a review.
Starting with April 5th orders received at magazinprodusdecluj.ro will be delivered as follows:
For the city Cluj Napoca and the metropolitan area :
- TUESDAY, placed orders will be honored from Monday after 12.00, until MONTHS at 12.00
For the rest of Romania:
-orders placed by MONTHS after 12.00, until MONTHS at 12.00, will be delivered ON WEDNESDAY through the SAMEDAY courier service
THANK YOU FOR CHOOSING TO CONSUME ROMANIAN PRODUCTS!
We offer a payment option:
Credit or debit card - You can pay with the card, through a secure payment processor!
Soft homemade bread ingredient
- 480-550 grams of flour
- 25 grams of fresh yeast
- 60 grams of bee honey
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 40 ml. of oil
- 200 ml. of milk
- 100 ml. of water
- in addition: flour for sprinkle the work surface, oil for greasing the dough, baking form and bowl
Preparation of soft homemade bread for sandwiches
1. Mix the milk and water to be warm (about 40 degrees Celsius).
2. Add the honey over the milk mixed with water and mix until the honey is completely dissolved.
3. Sift 480 grams of flour (picture 1), then mix well with salt.
4. In a bowl, crush the yeast and mix with 4-5 tablespoons of milk sweetened with honey (picture 2).
5. Once the yeast has dissolved, mix it with all the rest of the liquid (be careful, the temperature of the liquid must be right, 35-40 degrees Celsius maximum).
6. Regardless of whether the bread is kneaded in a robot or manually, the procedure is the same: put the flour in a bowl and add little by little the milk in which the honey and yeast have dissolved, first mixing with a spoon and then kneading vigorously (picture 3).
To knead in the bread machine, first pour the milk with honey and yeast, then the oil and then put all the flour mixed with salt.
7. As soon as the liquid is absorbed, add the oil and knead further.
8. Depending on the quality of the flour, it may be necessary to add an extra flour, if the dough for our bread is too soft. Add 1 tablespoon at a time (picture 4), but in no case no more than 70 grams (not to exceed the amount of 550 grams in total), because we do not want a heavy and thick bread, but one as soft as possible.
9. Finally, the dough for our homemade bread must be supple and smooth, homogeneous and have a silky appearance. Put the dough in a bowl well greased with oil and return to the bowl so that it is greased on all sides (picture 5).
The bowl with the dough is covered with a damp kitchen napkin and left to rise in a warm place, away from electricity. I leave the dough to rise in the oven heated to 30 degrees Celsius, for 45 minutes to 1 hour, during which time it must double in volume.
Soft homemade bread for sandwiches & shaping
1. After the dough has risen, sprinkle the work surface with flour. Turn the dough over and press vigorously with your palms, giving it an approximately rectangular shape (picture 1). Insist and press well on the entire surface, this will help to form a uniformly aerated texture of the bread core.
2. Roll the dough so firmly shaped, pressing well on it so that you are sure that the layers of dough obtained by rolling will stick to each other (picture 2).
3. Grease a rectangular shape well with oil (mine has the dimensions in cm: L = 36, l = 11, h = 10). Place in the mold the dough cylinder obtained. Wrap the form with cling film (picture 3) and place the bread to rise in a warm place (back in the preheated oven at 30 degrees) until the dough almost fills the form.
4. Finally, only 1-2 centimeters should remain between the top level of the raised dough and the edge of the baking tin.
Soft homemade bread for sandwiches & baking
1. Preheat the oven to 190 degrees Celsius and place the oven grill at a medium level. In the lowest part of the oven, a tray is placed in which 500-600 milliliters of boiling water are poured, and the bread is immediately placed on the grill and the door is closed.
2. Do not open the oven door for the first 20 minutes. After this time, remove the tray with boiling water, from which a large part has already evaporated. Be careful when you open the oven, very hot steam will be released! The soft homemade bread for sandwiches is baked for a total of 45-50 minutes, until it is well baked inside. Knocking on the bottom of the bread, it should sound empty. If the desired degree of browning is reached before the 45 minutes have elapsed, cover the bread with a damp sheet of baking paper and continue to bake.
3. After the bread is baked, take it out of the mold immediately and place it on a grill. With a soft brush, moisten the surface of the hot bread with water, immediately after it has been removed from the mold and placed on the grill. This will give a nice shine to the bread.
This soft homemade bread for sandwiches is left to cool completely before slicing. If all steps are followed, the bread should have a thin, soft crust and an airy interior.
In a larger bowl, mix all the dry ingredients: yeast flour and salt. If you want to put seeds, now you will add them as well.
Add water and mix with a wooden spoon or spatula until all the water is incorporated.
Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and leave the dough to rise, at room temperature for 20 hours, ie until the next day.
Be patient that you will not regret it.
Even if you see that it starts to rise faster, don't be scared and don't lift the foil & # 8230 let the dough rise for 20 hours.
The next day after the 20 hours have passed and the dough has air bubbles, on the surface, we prepare the necessary things for baking the bread.
Prepare a heat-resistant dish with a lid and grease it with oil. We put a baking paper in the bowl and make a place where we will put the bread to bake.
Sprinkle flour on a flat surface and turn the bread dough over. Sprinkle it with flour as well. Spread the dough by hand, sideways and then fold it in half.
That is, we bend the left side, then we bend the right side (fold it).
We now spread the dough up and down only by hand.
Fold the top over the bottom, then the bottom over the top and roll the dough.
Place the dough in the bowl, put the lid on and leave to rise for another hour and a half. After an hour and 10 minutes, preheat the stove to 180 degrees. After 20 minutes, put the dish in the covered oven and bake for an hour, an hour and 10 minutes until the bread is baked.
Then remove the lid to brown the bread nicely, grease it with a little pepper and leave it in the oven for another 10-15 minutes without the lid. I think I had to light the fire a little harder to brown even more on top.
When it is ready, take it out of the bowl on a grill and let it cool for about 40 minutes, then we can cut it. You can also see how beautiful the bottom of the bread is browned.
After it has cooled you can slice it.
Get a dense and filling bread with a crispy crust. Too bad I can't give you the smell of freshly baked pine house baked in the oven & # 8230
Bread baked on cabbage leaves
- 1 kg of wheat flour, - 650 ml of warm water, - 50 g of fresh yeast or 14 g of dry yeast, - 1 teaspoon of sugar, - 25 g of salt, - a little oil for the worktop, - large sheets of fresh cabbage to lining the walls of the tray (about 5 large leaves)
Difficulty: Average | Time: 1h 30 min