Ingredients for Making Gherkin Mayonnaise Sauce
- Egg yolk 2 pieces
- White wine vinegar 1 tablespoon
- Lemon juice 1 tablespoon
- Mustard (liquid, without additives) 1 tablespoon
- Vegetable oil (refined, not the first extraction) 200-250 milliliters
- Sugar to taste
- Salt to taste
For the sauce:
- Homemade mayonnaise 250 milliliters
- Gherkins 100 grams
- Green onions 4-5 feathers or to taste
- Parsley 3-4 branches or to taste
- Main Ingredients Cucumber, Eggs
- Serving 1 serving
- World CuisineFrench Cuisine
Kitchen scale, measuring cup (capacity 250 milliliters), tablespoon, paper kitchen towels, mixer or blender, half-liter glass jar, wooden kitchen spatula, plastic lid, refrigerator, kitchen knife - 2 pieces, cutting board - 2 pieces, canned wrench , bowl, gravy boat or bowl.
Preparation of mayonnaise sauce with gherkins:
Step 1: make homemade mayonnaise.
First of all, we lay out on the kitchen table all the products that are needed to make homemade mayonnaise, and give them the opportunity to warm up to room temperature. Then we beat the chicken egg with the back of the kitchen knife and carefully separate the squirrels from the yolks in separate bowls. The first ones are used to prepare any other tasty dishes, and the second ones are put under the mixer blades or put in a clean blender bowl. After that we send salt, sugar, mustard to the yolks and beat them at medium speed for 2-3 minutes to splendor or until they become bright.
Next, add white wine vinegar, freshly squeezed lemon juice and mix for a couple of minutes. Then we begin to introduce refined vegetable oil into the resulting mixture. We act gradually, drop by drop, so that it slowly flows down the blades of the kitchen appliance. At this stage of preparation, the first emulsion is formed, so the fat must be poured into 5-6 callsso that the mayonnaise does not curl.
As soon as the consistency of the sauce acquires a thick, viscous structure resembling cream, sour cream or yogurt of medium fat content, we stop whipping everything. The result should be approximately 350-400 milliliters finished product. Using a tablespoon, transfer the mayonnaise to a half-liter sterilized jar, close it with a tight-fitting plastic lid and put in the refrigerator for 20-30 minutes to insist.
Step 2: prepare the gherkins and greens.
In the meantime, using a canned wrench, open a jar of gherkins, transfer the required number of cucumbers to a colander, leave it in it for a few minutes to glass the liquid, and then dry the vegetables with paper kitchen towels to prevent excess moisture. After that, put them on a cutting board and chop them into small cubes the size of 1-2 millimeters, but the smaller the better!
Then we wash the green onions and parsley under cold running water. Shake them over the sink, dry, send to a clean board and shred with a new knife.
Step 3: prepare the mayonnaise sauce with gherkins.
20-30 minutes later we take mayonnaise out of the refrigerator, transfer about 250 grams of snow-white mass into a small bowl, add chopped gherkins, green onions and parsley to it.
We mix everything with a wooden kitchen spatula to a homogeneous consistency, transfer the resulting dish to a gravy boat or a small saw and serve to the table.
Step 4: serve the mayonnaise sauce with gherkins.
Mayonnaise sauce with gherkins is served chilled in a bowl specially designed for this purpose: a gravy boat or a small bowl. This aromatic sweet and sour-sweet mixture is an ideal addition to dishes of meat, fish, poultry, game, fried, baked, as well as steamed vegetables. Very often sandwiches and pizza basics are layered for her. Enjoy delicious and simple french food!
Enjoy your meal!
- Instead of home-made mayonnaise, you can use a store-bought one, but the taste of the finished dish will differ significantly;
- very often spicy spices are added to mayonnaise: dried marjoram, basil, lemongrass and all kinds of ground pepper;
- A good alternative to parsley - cilantro or dill;
- this type of sauce is stored in the refrigerator for no more than one day, since gherkins and greens tend to oxidize, which can lead to spoilage in a short time, therefore it is better to cook it in small portions and immediately use it.