Ingredients for the preparation of a Russian hrenodera
- Ripe Tomatoes 1 kg
- Horseradish 300 grams
- Garlic 100 grams
- Hot pepper medium size 1/2 part
- Salt 1 tablespoon
- Sugar 1 tablespoon
- Vegetable oil 1 teaspoon
- Table vinegar 0.5 teaspoon
- Main ingredients: Tomato, Horseradish, Garlic
- Serving 10 Servings
- World Cuisine
Cutting board, knife, blender, large bowl, plate - 2 pieces, small bowl, disposable food gloves, a tablespoon, a teaspoon, a liter glass jar, a kitchen sponge, dishwashing detergent, a twisting metal lid for a can, a deep bowl for serving , refrigerator, cloth towel
Cooking a horserador in Russian:
Step 1: prepare the tomatoes.
Rinse the tomatoes thoroughly under running water and put them on a cutting board. Using a knife, remove the place to which the tail was attached, and then cut the components into two parts. Put the halves in a large bowl and leave them aside for a while.
Step 2: prepare red hot peppers.
We wash hot pepper under running water and put it on a cutting board. Attention: before chopping a component, we put on kitchen food gloves on our hands so as not to burn ourselves. Now, using a knife, cut the tail, cut the vegetable into two parts and remove seeds from each. We transfer the hot pepper halves to a free plate.
Step 3: prepare the horseradish.
With a knife, peel the horseradish from the skin and rinse slightly under running water. Then put the component on a cutting board and grind it in pieces. Finely chopped horseradish we move into a small bowl.
Step 4: prepare the garlic.
We spread the garlic on a cutting board and lightly press down with the tip of a knife. Then with clean hands we peel each clove of husks and rinse under running water.
We transfer the prepared component to a clean plate and leave it alone for a while. Attention: if you have large garlic, then it can be cut into two parts.
Step 5: prepare the jar with the lid.
Using a kitchen sponge and detergent, thoroughly rinse a glass liter jar with a lid under running water. We do this until the container walls begin to creak, if we hold them with wet hands. Now we put the container upside down on a clean cloth towel and leave it aside until it dries. Attention: To store a horseradish for a long time, it is not necessary to sterilize the container. Rinse it well enough, and store the sauce in the refrigerator under a tightly closed lid.
Step 6: prepare the Russian horserador.
We spread the halves of tomatoes in a blender bowl and chop at high speed until the vegetables turn into a puree mass. Then pour it into a deep bowl and proceed to grind the remaining ingredients.
Now put in a bowl halves of hot red pepper, pieces of horseradish and garlic cloves. Turn on the blender at maximum speed and grind everything for 3 minutes. When the components turn into slurry, we complete the preparation phase.
Pour tomato puree into the bowl, and pour salt and sugar. Mix everything again at high speed for 3 minutes. Immediately after that, turn off the appliance, and pour the sauce back into a large bowl. Add vinegar here and, using a clean tablespoon, mix everything well.
Pour the horseradish into a clean liter glass jar. And to protect your work and sauce from souring, add a teaspoon of vegetable oil from above. Now tightly close the container with a lid and put the chorender in storage in the refrigerator.
Step 7: submit the hrenoder in Russian.
Ready-made Russian horseradder can be served immediately at the dinner table as a sauce for main meat dishes, as well as cooked pasta, fried potatoes, and much more if you wish. Therefore, we get a jar of sauce from the refrigerator and use a tablespoon to spread in a deep bowl.
Bon appetit to all!
- if you are worried that a tomato skin may come across in the sauce, then it’s better to blanch before crushing the component in a blender. To do this, put the vegetables in a large bowl and fill with very hot water. Leave for 7-10 minutes aside, and after the allotted time, drain the liquid, and put the tomatoes on a cutting board. Having cut off with a knife the place to which the tail was attached, remove the skin with clean hands and only after we cut the components in half;
- in the process of grinding horseradish juice is released. But when interacting with aluminum, it oxidizes and changes color to blue with a shade of gray. Therefore, in order not to spoil our hrenoder, I propose to do this on a galvanized stainless meat grinder. It is also very important that the knives in the blender are stainless steel;
- Vinegar can not be added to the sauce if, for example, it is stored in a refrigerator or in any other cool place. For such an option as a cellar, it’s better not to miss this liquid ingredient from the recipe;
- if you have a very sensitive stomach that does not like acute, then it is better not to cook a horseradder at all. Due to the fact that the sauce is very spicy, they are recommended to enjoy only those people who like to feel fire after eating in their mouth and sternum.