It is a salad that is served in Bessarabia at festive meals, as Natalia says, the one who inspired me with this recipe.
We need a special grater (thank you Lena) that cuts the carrot into thin strips, like spaghetti, if the carrot is longer or matchsticks, if the carrot is shorter. :))
The quantities can be adjusted according to personal preferences, but coriander flavor should not be missing.
Peeled and washed carrots are put on a special grater. In a mortar grind the garlic with salt and pepper, add the coriander seeds, crush them and then mix with honey, vinegar and olive oil.
Now you can taste the dressing and adjust it according to how you like it: sourer, sweeter ...
Pour over the carrot, mix well and refrigerate for a few hours. Overnight would be ideal.
Cold Marinated Mackerel
I like fish in any combination. This time I tried this marinated fish recipe. It turned out great!
Let the fish thaw then clean it, remove the heads, wash it and cut it into thick slices. Let the washers drain then salt them well, put them in a bowl with a lid and leave them in the fridge after another day.
For the brine: put water, vinegar, oil, sugar and salt in a saucepan to boil. Add the bay leaves and pepper and let it boil for 2-3 minutes. Set aside and let the brine cool.
Wash the fish with excess salt and let it drain. We clean the carrots and cut them into rounds and the onions into scales.
In a jar that closes tightly, place the fish interspersed with carrot and onion slices.
Add the mustard seeds and pour the cold brine, which should cover the fish well. We close the jar and put it in the fridge.
After a week it can be consumed. Good appetite!
Greek salad with marinated fish
The very well boiled and cooled yolks are ground with a fork in a bowl, a little oil is added and rubbed with the mixer, until a paste is formed.
Then add a raw egg yolk and add a little oil, stirring constantly in the same direction.
When it starts to thicken, add another raw egg yolk and a little oil again.
Do this until all the yolks have been added, then add the mustard (if the mayonnaise is used for the beef salad), little by little and stirring constantly, and the lemon juice. Then add oil, in small portions, until all the initially measured quantity is finished.
The mackerel is cleaned of intestines, washed very well.
Cut into rounds about 1 cm thick.
Arrange these rounds in a bowl, on the bottom of which a layer of coarse salt has been placed.
Place plenty of salt on top so that the fish is completely covered. Cover and place in refrigerator for 24 hours.
The next day, wash the fish well with cold water, arrange again in the same bowl and cover with vinegar. Also now you can put carrot slices, chopped onion scales, peppercorns and olives.
Cover the bowl with a lid and refrigerate for another 24 hours. On the third day, drain the vinegar and replace with oil.
It is stored for another 24 hours in the refrigerator, after which it can be consumed.
we continue with the basic recipe.
Marinated fish and cucumbers are cut into small cubes.
Mix with mayonnaise and add salt (if necessary).
What do you think about this recipe? Leave us a comment to tell us how it turned out or if you need additional guidance.
Colorful salad and marinated carrots
I found purple carrots in the supermarket. And yellow. The oranges were already there.
I tested, those purple stains anything. The shredder, the fingers, the grater, let's say they make their mark.
I made him a salad. One of Korean inspiration, ah.
- 3-4 large carrots of any color
- 2 large or 4 small garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon dry ground chili or half hot pepper, without seeds, it's to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt once
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar, optional
- 2 tablespoons rice or apple cider vinegar, anyway, one mild
- 1.5 & # 8211 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon white or black or mixed sesame seeds
Adjust the ingredients to your liking.
I cleaned the carrots and scraped them lengthwise with a cheap tool that cut them into thin strips. If you have a special grater or a spiralizer, very nice, if not, they work well thanks to the large grater.
Finely chop the garlic cloves and hot peppers.
Grind the coriander seeds or crush them in a mortar or knife blade.
Mix all the dry spices (salt, pepper, sugar, coriander, chili powder & # 8211 if you don't use hot peppers & less sesame seeds) and put them over the grated carrots. Stir again.
You can skip the next stage, but it is also worth mentioning because it intensifies the taste. In a small, dwarf pan, place the sesame oil. We are not heating the pan yet. In the oil, we put the garlic and hot pepper (mine was a very hot dried pepper tip).
Heat the pan over low heat, without tempering or cooking the garlic. Just enough to heat and flavor the oil.
Pour the flavored oil with the garlic and hot pepper over the carrots. Mix well, to grease each slice of carrot.
If you don't feel like complicating the heating of the oil, very well, we put the cold oil, the crushed garlic and the hot pepper exactly as they are.
Add the vinegar and check the taste. We supplement what we think is necessary.
This salad can be served immediately, but it's even better the next day, after the carrots have been marinated in the mixture of spices and vinegar. Keep it in the refrigerator in a sealed container.
I did the same with my colored carrots, only I put the purple ones in a separate jar so that they wouldn't paint the others.
I only met them all at the time of serving. I sprinkled sesame seeds and that's it.
Carrot salad with seeds and microplants
Carrot salad with seeds and microplants. A simple recipe for raw carrot salad with flax, sesame and sunflower seeds, with nuts or hazelnuts and red cabbage sprouts. An appetizer or a very tasty and healthy salad. A quick salad recipe.
Warm raw carrot salad can be too simplistic if it does not have seeds, microplants and a tasty dressing. I have always liked foods with many seeds. I mainly use a lot of seeds at the pastry: cumin, sesame, poppy, flax, sunflower or pumpkin. I also add seeds to different foods, giving them a special flavor. In addition to the crunchy texture, some seeds also bring nice aromas (such as cumin for example). Here is a recipe carrot puree with cumin.
Hot carrot salad with seeds and microplants or red cabbage is a delicious vegan salad or of post.
I didn't have lettuce in the house, no tomatoes or peppers. So I focused on what I had and that's how this delicious carrot salad was born. From the quantities below, 2 servings result.
500 gr carrots
2 garlic dogs
1 small onion
4 tablespoons oil
4 tablespoons vinegar (white wine or rice I used 2 tablespoons
rice vinegar + 2 white wine)
1 teaspoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon sesame oil
2 teaspoons sugar
1 teaspoon sweet paprika
3/4 teaspoon ground coriander
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon chili
Preparation Marinated carrot salad
- In a cup, mix all the dressing ingredients.
- Peel a squash, grate it and chop it thinly. Do not put the carrots on the classic grater, because they will soften too much. They must be cut julienne, because this way they keep their shape, do not leave much juice, so they do not soften and can be consumed for 1 week.
- Crush the garlic and place it on top of the carrots.
- In a saucepan, heat the oil and fry the onion until it begins to brown slightly. Tilt the pan slightly so that the oil flows to one side and pour it over the carrots. Throw the onion or use it for something else.
- Pour the dressing over the carrots and mix gently with your hands from the bottom up, until the carrots are evenly covered and shiny.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Note: The recipe can be used to marinate beets, squash, peppers, etc. For the beets, follow the same recipe for the pumpkin, cut the vinegar, sugar and coriander in half (because the pumpkins are softer and have a finer taste and not as sweet as the carrots or beets) and add a little more turmeric to -colour the pumpkins can be served half an hour after they have been prepared, because they do not need time to soften.
1. Dressing for salad
2. Chopped carrots with garlic
Gypsy salad with marinated fish
Gypsy salad is my son's favorite. I discovered it in stores and I think I bought dozens of boxes until I set foot in the doorstep and figured out how to make it at home, cheaper and better than the one I bought.
After several attempts, I managed to reach a variant that we all like and since then I do it very often.
The gypsy salad is easy to make, it is very good and filling and goes perfectly as an appetizer, for lunch, dinner or even to be packed at the office.
What kind of fish do we use for gypsy salad
A fatty, marinated fish is perfect for this salad. The marinated fish is already & # 8220cooked & # 8221, with tender meat, goes great with tomato sauce and perfectly complements the other flavors in the salad.
I recommend you try this salad with marinated mackerel made by yourself, at home. The recipe is not complicated at all, instead you will have a fish marinated only with natural ingredients, suitable for sour and you can use only the spices that you like.
You can find the marinated mackerel recipe here in written format, or you can watch the video recipe below to see exactly how I did it and what a great preserve I got
If you like video recipes, you can subscribe to the blog's YouTube channel where I post two new video recipes every week. Don't miss them! Click here to subscribe!
Other fish recipes that you will definitely want to try
If you like fish recipes, then you will definitely want to try other recipes on the blog. Here are some suggestions. I am sure that you will find among them dishes that will become your favorites.
Marinated carrot salad recipe & # 8211 ideal to serve with any dish
Marinated carrot salad
Marinated raw salad & # 8211 can be marinated pumpkin, cucumber, beetroot, etc.
This time I will show you how to prepare the marinated carrot.
Ingredient salad of pickled carrots
- 500gr carrots
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 4 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Method of preparation
Peel the carrots and cut them into thin sticks, crush the garlic and place it on top of the carrots.
Prepare the dressing: in a bowl measure the vinegar, soy sauce, paprika, sugar and salt and mix well.
Heat the oil and fry the chopped onion in it until it starts to brown, we need the oil that we pour into a strainer then we put it over the carrots, and we throw the onion.
Pour the dressing over the carrots and mix gently until the carrots are evenly covered.
The salad is kept in the refrigerator and served cold.1.Ingredient 2. Peeled carrots 3. Carrots cut into sticks 4. Vinegar measured with a spoon 5.Soya sauces 6. Sweet pepper paste 7. Season with salt 8. Garlic crushed over carrots 9.Chopped onion 10.Heat oil 11. Onions fried in oil 12. Strained onion 13. Strained onion 14.Ingredient 15.Dressing poured over carrots 16. Marinated carrot salad 17. Decorate with parsley leaf
Salad & # 8220Spring Basket & # 8221. This original and extremely tasty snack will decorate any festive meal.
The salad & # 8220Spring Basket & # 8221 is so beautiful and colorful that you will be able to decorate any festive meal. The salad is original, light and extraordinarily tasty. It sits in layers and has an amazing look that will attract all eyes. Surprise your guests with this delicious salad in the form of a flower basket!
-300 g of chicken breast (boiled or baked)
-1 can of canned corn
METHOD OF PREPARATION
1. Cut the pickled cucumbers into cubes. Cut the chicken breast into cubes. Cut the Korean carrot into smaller pieces.
2. Put the cheese through the small grater. Separate the egg whites from the yolks. Cut the egg whites into thin slices.
3. Cut eggplant slices with a diameter of 1 and 1.5 cm from which you will form flowers. Add the remaining yolks and egg whites through the large grater. Put the mayonnaise in a pastry bag.
4. Place the salad on a large platter. First put the chopped cucumbers, then the chicken breast.
5. Place the mayonnaise on top in the form of a net. Then place a layer of marinated carrots and grease with mayonnaise.
6. Put the grated eggs and grease them with mayonnaise. Place the corn on half of the salad.
7. Sprinkle the grated cheese on the other half of the salad. Place the corn on the edges of the plate. Decorate the basket with parsley leaves.
8. Place the flowers in the egg white slices. Place a corn or carrot cut in the center of each flower. From the carrot strips and some of the egg whites formed chrysanthemums.
- & # 206In a medium bowl, add carrots and apples.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil and lemon juice.
- Pour over the carrot mixture and chop.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
carrot and apples are well known for their nutritional value, and this carrot apple salad recipe is an excellent addition to any meal. It requires only five ingredients, it is refreshing and easy to make!