Ingredients for Making Mushroom Dried Mushroom Soup
- Mushrooms are dried (any) 100 grams
- Onion 1 piece
- Carrot 1 piece
- Potato 300 grams (2-3 pieces)
- Vegetable oil 2-3 tablespoons
- Purified water 3 liters
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper or peas to taste
- Ground white pepper or peas to taste
- Laurel leaf or ground to taste
- Greens (parsley, dill, cilantro or spring onions) to taste and desire for serving
- Main Ingredients: Potato, Onion, Carrot, Mushroom
- Portion 6-8
- World Cuisine
Kitchen scale, kitchen knife - 2 pieces, cutting board - 2 pieces, stove, paper kitchen towels, kettle, measuring cup, deep bowl - 2 pieces, frying pan, wooden kitchen spoon, grater, deep pan with a lid (4 liter capacity), soup ladle, deep plate.
Making mushroom soup with dried mushrooms:
Step 1: prepare the mushrooms.
First of all, we heat three liters of purified water in a teapot. Then thoroughly rinse the dried mushrooms and put them in a deep bowl.
After some time, fill them with one liter of boiling water and stand in this form. 15-20 minutes.
Step 2: prepare vegetables and herbs.
While the mushrooms are infused, with a sharp kitchen knife, peel the potatoes, onions, carrots and rinse them together with herbs for serving. Then immediately cut the potatoes into small cubes 2-2.5 centimeters in size, send them to clean deep dishes, fill them with 2 centimeters running water and leave them in this form until they are darkened.
After that, chop the onions in small cubes up to 7 millimeters in size, and chop the carrots on a coarse grater and proceed to the next step.
Step 3: pass the vegetables.
Pour into the pan the right amount of vegetable oil and put it on medium heat. A few minutes later we send there chopped onions and carrots. We pass them until soft and light golden crust, stirring occasionally with a wooden kitchen spoon. This process will take approximately 5 minutes. As soon as the vegetables are browned, remove them from the stove and set aside for a while.
Step 4: prepare the soaked mushrooms and infusion.
Then we remove the dried mushrooms from the darkened liquid, dry them with paper kitchen towels, put them on a cutting board and cut into small pieces of any shape up to 3 centimeters in size.
Pour mushroom infusion into a measuring cup.
We dilute it with two liters of the already cooled water from the kettle and send it into a deep pan.
Step 5: Cook the mushroom soup with dried mushrooms.
Now we put the diluted infusion on medium heat and after boiling add chopped mushrooms.
Cook them 15 minutes.
Then put the potato cubes in the pan and cook the soup again 20-25 minutes, depending on the variety of this vegetable and its cutting.
Then we season almost the finished first course to taste with salt, a bay leaf, and two types of pepper: black and white.
We send sautéed vegetables to the aromatic liquid and still cook 3-5 minutes.
Next, turn off the stove, cover the pan with a lid and let the dish brew for 5-7 minutes. After that, with the help of a ladle, pour the soup in portions into deep plates, season each sour cream, sprinkle with selected chopped herbs and serve to the table.
Step 6: Serve the dried mushroom soup.
Mushroom soup made from dried mushrooms is served hot as the first meal for dinner. If desired, each portion is seasoned with sour cream, cream, mayonnaise and garnished with fresh herbs of dill, parsley, cilantro, basil or green onions. The taste of the soup is spicy, quite tender, with a rich mushroom aroma. Hearty, fast and inexpensive! Enjoy it!
Enjoy your meal!
- to make the soup more saturated, you can dilute the mushroom infusion not with water, but with meat or vegetable broth;
- very often a couple of tablespoons of sifted wheat flour is added to the vegetable passerovka. From this, the dish acquires a muddy, semi-thick consistency;
- a set of spices is not essential, use any that are added to vegetable dishes: tarragon, sage, basil, coriander and many others;
- an excellent substitute for vegetable oil - cream, it will give the soup a softer flavor;
- sometimes 6-7 minutes before the soup is ready, thin spider noodles or other small flour products are added to the pan.